Chora for Children and Family Development (CCFD) is a registered Ethiopian Resident non-profit making, child focused Civil Society organization located in Addis Ababa city administration, Gulele sub city, Woreda 7, in the northern part of Addis Ababa.
CCFD is inspired to see deprived, excluded and vulnerable children in its operational area to have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities.
- The charitable society was established to take over the responsibility of facilitating the development endeavor of the community from ChildFund Ethiopia Semen Ber Area Program Coordination office which was established in 1985 as an affiliate program of ChildFund Ethiopia.
- Since its registration as Sheger CFDCS in 2011, it becomes strategic implementing partner of ChildFund.
- The establishment of this charitable society in 2011 as Local Civil Society Organization is emanated from the long term objective of bringing visible and sustained changes in the lives of disadvantaged children and youths through enhanced role of parents, youths and children in all the processes.
- Sheger CFDCS changed its name to <<Chora for Children and Family Development/CCFD/>> on October 31,2023.
- Currently it’s working on Gulele and Yeka Sub Cities of Addis Ababa.
- CCFD aspires to reach out to 3 more regions; Oromia, Amhara and Tigiray in the remaining strategic plan years.
MORE ABOUT CCFD
Our vision, Mission And Values
CCFD is inspired to see all children in Ethiopia grow in a situation where they are not deprived, excluded, and made vulnerable.
CCFD exists to improve the well-being of target Children and their families through implementing integrated and inclusive community development interventions.
Accountability, Learning, Integrity, Transparency, Commitment, Cultural Responsiveness, dedicated for active participation, partnership and networking, exploring indigenous knowledge.